How to be In Debt in the Summer + ....Progress!


When you don't have money to travel in the summer, you stay where you are, and work, but fortunately New York City is an actually ok destination with free things or low-cost things to do just about all over the place.

I went to the Rockaways, cooked dinner with housemates, read in Central Park, went to readings and indie movie houses and famer's markets. 

And also picked up a few shifts at the old restaurant, because I can't be using that carte bleu so much. There's nothing as discouraging as budgeting your paycheck down to the bone and still having nothing to save or really make headway on your debt with. (My paycheck obv., my debt.... but maybe yours? Maybe you sympathize?) My workplace does offer summer Fridays, which means that I can get off early sometimes to go work a shift at the restaurant if I need, so hay! while the sun shines. 


Debts:

June August
Visa Credit Card $4633 $4637
AMEX Gold Card $2575 $2425
Loan From Parents $1300 $1300
Fedloan* 140002 140314

*Not included in total paid down. I can hardly imagine paying it down unless I start making mad money. That's an idea?

TOTAL PAID DOWN: $146

Assets:
June August
Individual Brokerage $202 $455
Acorns $826 $1046
Vanguard $1003 $1007
Fidelity $432 $596

TOTAL SAVED/ACCRUED: $644 (!!!)

This marks the first time in months that I'll paid down some debt (however little) and actually put money aside.

And though you don't see it here in these numbers, this also marks the first time in months that I've started to write and conceptualize projects that may provide income in way of grants or freelance work.

I'd flesh some of those out for y'all here and now, but tbh, I have like three days of vacation left so I'm going to let all that percolate a littler longer.

I hope that this is giving someone out there some hope, and also, ideas. I hate to repeat the rest of the internet when I say getting out of debt needs first the motivation.

And then some more money. M, M, M, M

Comments

Popular Posts