July

In less than a month I will be 30 years old. And I don't have my shit together.

But, I tell myself, this blog is a witness to one area of my life that is seeing some incremental progress. And, I won't share much more than this, but in the "priorities" column for the month of July (I use Appointed planners. Highly recommended. Get your shit together) I just wrote "make a lot of money."

I picked up so many bartending shifts that I spent a solid two days recovering, also a dog sitting gig, also money from a contracted project is finally coming in. I took on all this work because I'm moving at the end of the month, and as anyone who rents in Brooklyn knows, first-last-security.

New numbers!

Debt

1. Credit Card Mastercard: $893.32
2. Credit Card Visa: $339.40*
3. CareCredit: $1350
4. ConServe: $748.10
5. Amex Gold Card: $3300
6. Loan from Parents: $1300
7. Fedloan: $135849.78**

total paid down: $234.11***

*This is a new card. Both credit cards are Bank of America cards, and once I pay down the Mastercard completely, I will close it and it's credit line will be added to the Visa (i.e. my new credit line will be $4000 -> $5800). Opened the Visa because I wanted something with travel rewards. My first charge? A plane ticket to see my best friend for our birthdays next month, which we share, to the day.
**Notice that this balance went up despite my payment. System's fucked. Still glad I'm making payments though. 
***Calculation does not include the Fedloan payment or accrued interest. 

Assets

1. BoA savings: $2582
2. Acorns: $601

total saved: $764

I ask here, who in the world would possibly be watching this paint dry with me? Like the debts decrease and savings increase so so slowly. But this isn't for you is it. This accounting for is very much a platform where I hope that I can start to celebrate milestones. (omg last month when my savings account was over 2k.) My first retirement account! Completely paying off ConServe and CareCredit! That can't be too far off!

These are not the goals I was necessarily hoping to tackle at age 30, but I'm doing it y'all.

Love,

James


Comments

Popular Posts