April

I started off the month finding a gross discrepancy in my paycheck by $300, so some of what I'd hoped to pay down has to wait until management fixes that error. I also had to buy new shoes (I bartend, plus other stuff, here's hoping that life will be more of that other stuff as the year progresses) and so things are looking, well,

Debts:

1. Current Credit Card (BoA Mastercard): $1,536.33
2. CareCredit: $1,900
3. ConServe Debt Collection: $1,254.49
4. Amex Credit Card: $3,600
5. Loan from parents: $1,300
6. Fedloan: $134,506.46

Invested and Saved:

1. Bank of America Savings: $1,373.42
2. Acorns Micro-Investing: $226.55

Lessons gleaned from March: I spent way to much money on Uber and drinking. I'm taking a break from drinking this month, and I strongly suspect that between less alcohol and less Uber trips I'll be able to throw an additional 200-something to one of the debts listed above.

I just logged into my ConServe account to make sure of the new balance. (Note! Three of the six figures under "debt" have decreased by margins. Marginally.) There's a repayment option of $418.08 for the next three months. I think I'm going to do it as soon as I get paid on the 13th; that way my last payment to them will be June. I'll make minimum payments if I have to on the other debts and get this one out of the the way. It has by far the highest interest rate. (Amex is literally charging me no interest, and my CareCredit is interest-free until month seven).

I have two contracted projects this month, one translating and the other proofreading. I should be able to make a good dent in the Mastercard balance between the two of them.

Until the 15th,

James 
 

Comments

Popular Posts